Having sex more frequently offers a lot of benefits. For example, it can help you bring a lot of positive changes like greater intimacy, reduced stress, and lower blood pressure. Although there is no general rule as to how many times you should have sex in a week, the latest research studies offer some Insight. In this article, we are going to take a look at the benefits of having sex more often.
According to a study done in 2015, your sex frequency has a positive impact on your overall health. However, it should be done in a limit. According to research studies, having sex once a week is more than enough to maintain relationship satisfaction.
Psychological Benefits of Sex
Making love offers a lot of emotional and psychological benefits. As a matter of fact, sex is associated with a better quality of life. Listed below are some of the psychological benefits of having sex more often:
- Self-image: With regular sex, you can enjoy better self-esteem. Apart from this, you will enjoy higher feelings of security.
- Happiness: If you want to stay happy, ee you may want to have sex more often, according to a study done in 2015 in China.
- Stronger Bond: During sex, your brain releases chemicals, such as and dolphins that help reduce the feelings of depression and irritability. Apart from this, oxytocin is another chemical that triggers nipple stimulation in women. Besides, this chemical triggers a sense of contentment and calmness.
- Stress: Long-term stress is not good for your sexual performance. However, if you have sex more frequently, you will be able to manage your stress levels.
- Sleep quality: When you have orgasms during sex, your brain releases prolactin. This type of chemical helps improve your quality of sleep.
Apart from psychological benefits, regular sex offers a lot of physical benefits as well. Some of those benefits are described below:
- Physical fitness: According to the reports from the American Heart Association, the frequent sexual activity offers the same benefits that you can enjoy through brisk walking or stair climbing. sexual activity can give more strength to your pelvic and abdominal muscles.
- Brain function: According to many studies on rats, frequent intercourse is associated with improved cognitive function. Apart from this, it helps grow fresh brain cells. Plus, you will have better memory performance, especially if you are over the age of 50.
- Immunity functionality: Frequent intercourse offers a lot of immunity benefits as well. Regular sex can reduce your likelihood of catching the flu or cold.
- Pain management: Frequent intercourse releases certain chemicals in the brain. This can help manage your back pain or migraine.
- Weight loss: If you have sex for half an hour per day, you can burn 200 calories. So, if you are overweight, frequent sexual activity can help you shed the extra pounds and get back into shape.